Tuesday 5 November 2013

The 59th Street Bridge Blog Entry




--
Simon and Garfunkel once sang, in unison:


I got no deeds to do and no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life I love you, all is groovy.


I do love having a lot of projects on the go. It's nice to keep the brain busy and always thinking, and as an added bonus, if I can't think of anything for one project I will have thought of things for another and I can work on that. Finishing them becomes incredibly satisfying, too, as it's like taking a huge chunk of weight off your shoulders, and now you're only balancing maybe two or three projects.

Or maybe I should slow down and focus on just one at a time. I don't know. But like Simon and Garfunkel sang, it'd be a nice feeling to have no promises to keep. Technically most of my promises aren't to anyone, more personal projects to keep myself busy, but they're promises to myself, to keep working on things so that I don't end up in a job I hate forever. That there's a chance that one day, the work I put into the children's show I'm working on with Wilson, will be recognised when I go to pitch it to a studio. Or that a publisher will read and sell one of the many, many books I've got planned or am already writing. Or that a studio will option a script I write. Something.

Still, it'd be nice to sleep in, do nothing but play Arkham Origins all day, and then go to sleep. Dappled.

Things I'm looking forward to finishing soon:


  • This animated interview for the Bilderberg Movie
  • The first episode scripts for the kids show
  • A first draft of my Jack o' the Smoke novel (more on that at a later date!)
  • Illustrations for a self-help book I've been asked to do

Well, actually, I finished that last one months ago. There are little details and fixes I need to do, which will take all of five minutes, but I'm in no rush to finish those. Not until I get told to hurry my ass up. It's the Bilderberg animation that's the most annoying, mostly because I'm having a hard time imagining the best (and most time-effective) ways to animate parts of an interview. That's the gig: make an animated sequence of this man discussing his time trying to report on a Bilderberg meeting a few years back. It's fun, but kind of draining at the same time. I'd link part of the animated work (it's not that good. Simple 2D, done in a way heavily influenced by Don Hertzfeldt but missing any charm or style), but I can link the trailer for the whole film!

So here that is.






Looks fun.



But hey, it's not like fun and time-dropping-petals-on-me aren't happening! Our Halloween party was pretty fun! Wilson even cooked up some sweet effects to scare the world with.


Check 'em out!






With the horrors of a close-up of my face all a-ringing in your eyes. I think this is the perfect place to end the blog. Or in the words of Paul and Art (what are they called again?)

I am leaving, I am leaving, but the fighter still remains [to rip a chunk of flesh off my face]
li-la-li li-la-li-li-la-li






---

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search